Accessibility statement - Buckinghamshire County Council Webcasting
Using this website
This website is run by Buckinghamshire County Council and Public-i. We aim to make this site easy to use and accessible to everyone.
We have conducted usability and accessibility testing to ensure that you can:
- Navigate the website using just a keyboard
- Navigate the website using voice commands
- Listen to website content using a screen reader
- Enlarge some or all content using a screen magnifier
- Make content easier to read by changing browser colour, contrast and font settings
My Computer My Way from AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible is this website?
We know some parts of this website are not yet fully accessible:
- Subtitles are not provided for live video and audio content
- Subtitles are not provided for prerecorded video and audio content
- Audio description is not provided for prerecorded video content
- Some aspects of Google Maps are not accessible - any information shown in the map is also available as text
- Some embedded social media content may not be accessible - unfortunately we have no control over this
What to do if you can’t access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or Braille, please contact us. We’ll consider your request and get back to you within 10 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page or think we’re not meeting the requirements of the accessibility regulations, please contact us.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the accessibility regulations. If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Buckinghamshire County Council and Public-i are committed to making this website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Issues with images, video and audio
Subtitles are not provided for live video and audio content.
Subtitles are not provided for prerecorded video and audio content.
We’ve assessed the cost of fixing this issue and believe that doing so now would be a disproportionate burden within the meaning of the accessibility regulations. We regularly review the cost and accuracy of subtitling technology and will add it to our site as soon as it becomes feasible.
Audio description is not provided for prerecorded video content.
We’ve assessed the cost of fixing this issue and believe that doing so now would be a disproportionate burden within the meaning of the accessibility regulations. We regularly review the cost and accuracy of audio description technology and will add it to our site as soon as it becomes feasible.
How we tested this website
This website was last tested on Tuesday, 17th December 2019 at 12:45pm by the web development team at Public-i.
The following pages were tested:
- Home page
- Webcast library page
- Player page (including Webcast, Slides, Resources, Map, Transcript, Speakers, Feedback and Custom tabs)
- Help page
- Search results page
This statement was prepared on Thursday, 1st August 2019 at 12:30pm. It was last updated on Wednesday, 14th October 2020 at 2:12pm.